Beautiful traditional Tuscan farmhouse located in a panoramic, secluded location, with amazing swimming pool and lovely patio areas both near the house and pool.
This property offers the opportunity of being a lovely family home or a rental activity.
There is a stone barn which could be converted into further accommodation, after obtaining the necessary permissions.
Under half an hour's drive from Lucca and under an hour from Pisa airport, with easy access, this property really is ideal from so many aspects. No public rights of way across the property.
The house has recently been completely re-painted both internally and externally.
Hot water is supplied by solar tubes on the main roof.
Central heating, via radiators, with a dual-system, wood and pellet boiler- also for the hot water in the winter months.
All windows are double glazed and have aluminium shutters (less one, which has traditional bars).
Roofs on both the house and stone barn have been insulated.
The property is on three levels:
- Two cellar rooms: one cellar has the wood/pellet boiler for the central heating and hot water (during the winter months). Solar tubes for hot water during the summer months. Large hopper for the storage of the pellets for the boiler.
- 650 litre hot water storage tank
- Second cellar room used for the storing of wood, with large double doors to garden.
Ground floor/1st floor:
- Entrance hall with marble stairs leading to the 1st floor. Exposed chestnut beams over the stairs.
- Sitting room with wood burning stove. Exposed chestnut beams. Two windows with lovely views of the garden and surrounding countryside.
- Dining room with (non-functioning) fireplace. Built-in cupboard. Exposed chestnut beams. Two windows overlooking the garden and surrounding countryside.
- Eat-in kitchen with two windows overlooking side and rear.
- Spacious double bedroom with large window overlooking rear patio area.
- Bathroom with shower, marble top basin, bidet and toilet. Window overlooking surrounding countryside.
- Laundry with window overlooking countryside.
- Small storage area under the stairs.
First floor/2nd floor:
- Double bedroom with walk-in dressing area. Exposed chestnut beams. Two windows overlooking the garden and surrounding countryside.
- Double bedroom with exposed chestnut beams. Two windows, one overlooking the garden and surrounding countryside and the other the 1st floor terrace.
- Spacious double bedroom with ceiling to floor built-in robes. Large window overlooking rear patio area.
- Bathroom with walk-in shower, wash basin, bidet and toilet, ladder radiator. Window overlooking rear patio.
- Storage room with window overlooking the surrounding countryside. This room could be converted to a 3rd bathroom if so required, after obtaining the necessary permissions.
- Large terrace, through french door from the landing. Lovely private area for breakfast or late evening drinks.
- There is a pull-down ladder, on the landing, for access into the loft area and onto the roof.
Stone barn, on two levels:
Semi-basement: good size workroom and a second storage room (open to the front).
Ground floor: tavern room with three windows, currently used for storage. Cotto floor tiles and working fireplace.
Second smaller stone barn with exposed chestnut beams, currently used for storage. This is attached to the other barn.
Outbuilding on two levels, which is currently used for storing garden furniture etc and garden equipment and wood below (lower part is open on two sides).
Two further stone buildings which were originally a chicken house and the old laundry.
- Land of approximately 4.6 hectares - of which there is a terraced olive grove with about 70 olive trees, rough grass areas totalling about 1 hectare and the rest is woodland.
- Beautiful swimming pool (16m x 7.5m, depth 1.5m) with roman steps at one end. Spacious sunbathing areas at both ends of the pool, with a large pergola (jasmine, wisteria and honeysuckle). Two large mulberry trees offering natural shade at each end of the pool. Pergola walkway (vines) leading to the pool.
- Two pergola areas by the house. One pergola area (approx. 6m x 4m, with jasmine & kiwi plants) has lovely views over the surrounding countryside and hills. There is a bbq to one side of this patio.
- The other pergola area (approx 6m x 3m) is more protected at the rear of the house, and has jasmine plants covering it.
- First floor terrace, approx. 4m x 4m, accessed by french door from the landing.
- Areas to the rear and both sides of the house, all paved for easy maintenance.
- Large parking area, with space for more than 8 cars.
- Double metal gate to the property, with pine tree avenue and gravel road leading to the parking area below the house.
Ready to move into - yet has further development potential, if required.
Such a large swimming pool is extremely rare in a private property.
Occasional noise from the quarry across the valley - but not visible from the house, garden or pool.
4 km Nearest shops
15 km Bagni di Lucca (thermal spa)
22 km Lucca
38 km Viareggio (beach & yacht harbour)
44 km Pisa airport
54 km Abetone (skiing)
101 km Florence
Please note that any utility services, heating system or appliances have not been tested and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order.
Energy classification: B Performance index: 75,59 kwh/p.a.
Villatua commission is a minimum of € 1,500 + IVA , otherwise up to 3% + IVA of purchase price. See our SERVICES page for a full description of the assistance we provide.
Please see our BUYERS GUIDE for full details of purchase process and the relevant costs.
Please note that all professional fees are subject to IVA (Italian purchase tax)
Declared values are determined by the notary at the time of the atto notarile (final contract). Villatua recommends all prospective purchasers to seek advice on likely tax obligations, as individual circumstances may alter the amount significantly.