Delightful detached stone Tuscan farmhouse located a short walk from the village, where there are two good restaurants, food shop, post office and butcher.
The property was renovated about 15 years ago, with attention to maintaining the charming Tuscan features. Nearly all the rooms have exposed chestnut beams, cotto tiles throughout, with some feature stone walls and ceiling - plus the original pizza oven in the kitchen!
The property has two wood burning stoves for the winter months.
The house is on three levels:
- Cellar room with window and original stone feeding trough
- Main door into entrance hall with cotto steps leading to first floor
- Eat-in kitchen with wood-burning stove, original pizza oven, part of kitchen has attractive arched stone ceiling.
- Laundry with sink and space for washing machine. External door out onto terrace.
- Bathroom with shower, basin, bidet and toilet. Electric hot water heater
- Twin bedroom
Cotto steps up to half-landing - Ex-barn area:
- Wooden steps up to sitting room with two feature stone walls and french doors out onto small terrace.
- Second sitting room with wood-burning stove. Could be a third double bedroom. Window overlooking village, hills and distant views of sea.
Through to small corridor with roof light
- Bathroom (wet room) with shower, basin, bidet and toilet. Small electric water heater.
- Single bedroom
- Double bedroom with vaulted ceiling and window with wonderful views to the sea
Spacious paved terrace (approx. 60 sqm) with pergola with vines for shade in the summer months.
Further graveled area to the side
Stone paved car parking area and small covered carport
Land of approximately 1,000 sqm below the house.
Lovely outside spaces - and lots of Tuscan features inside!
Land is rather steep to install a pool
Secondary road passes at rear of the house
19 km Lucca
23 km Bagni di Lucca (thermal spa)
26 km Viareggio (beach)
45 km Pisa airport
60 km Abetone (skiing)
94 km Florence
Please note that any utility services, heating system or appliances have not been tested and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order.
Energy classification: G Performance index: 1015,3 kwh/sqm p.a.
1 Agency charges amount to a minimum of € 1,500 + IVA , otherwise up to 3% + IVA of purchase price (see our SERVICES page for a full description of the assistance we provide)
2 Investigation of existing ownership and boundaries of a property, normally carried out by a geometra, generally costs from € 750 plus, as a rule, 1% - 1.5% of the purchase price
3 Notary fees are based on the declared value for tax purposes. There is no published tariff but experience points to about 3% on lower value properties, perhaps 2% on higher value
Please note that all professional fees are subject to IVA (Italian purchase tax)
4 Land registry + Government taxes:
a) 1st home, Italian resident: € 336 + 2% of declared value
b) 2nd home, or non-resident: 9% of declared value
c) agricultural land: 18% of declared value
Declared values are determined by the notary at the time of the atto notarile (final contract). Villatua recommends all prospective purchasers to seek advice on likely tax obligations, as individual circumstances may alter the amount significantly.
#Property Tuscany for sale #Farmhouse for sale near Lucca