A well appointed, cute little apartment in a lively environment overlooking the river at Ponte Serraglio, within walking distance of Bagni di Lucca.
Near the square in Ponte Serraglio, where there are: two bars, a restaurant, chemist, post office, tobacconist - and not forgetting the Thermal Baths, which are a 10 min walk up the hill.
1.5 km from the public swimming pool and tennis courts in Bagni di Lucca.
This property has the makings of a particularly good investment as it could easily be let to holiday makers or longer term tenants.
Plenty of Tuscan features: huge chestnut beams, 'mezzane' ceiling tiles, 'pietra serena' arch.
The accommodation comprises:
Communal entrance hall
Spiral staircase down to:
- sitting / dining room with built in bench and table for six
- arch to kitchen, with built in cooker, hood, sink, shelving and plenty of cupboard space.
- second arched entrance to sleeping area, with large built in wardrobe, double bed unit with storage space.
- bathroom with shower, washbasin with built in cupboard, bidet and toilet
- utility room, plumbed for washing machine and sink (although the sink has been removed)
There is also a door from the sitting area through to the communal cellars, where some communal storage space is available (e.g. for a bike) and door out onto street
Turn-key operation which is neat, compact and easily managed
Only one main window - overlooking the River Lima
60 metres to nearest restaurant/bar
1.5 km Bagni di Lucca
24 km Lucca
38 km Abetone (skiing)
47 km Viareggio (beach)
49 km Pisa airport
87 km Florence
Please note that any utility services, heating system or appliances have not been tested and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order.
Energy classification: G Performance index: requested from vendor
1) Agency charges amount to a minimum of € 1,500, otherwise up to 3% of purchase price (see our SERVICES page for a full description of the assistance we provide)
2) Investigation of existing ownership and boundaries of a property, normally carried out by a geometra, generally costs from € 750 plus, as a rule, 1% of the purchase price
3) Notary fees are based on the declared value for tax purposes. There is no published tariff but experience points to about 3% on lower value properties, perhaps 2% on higher value
Please note that all professional fees are subject to IVA (Italian purchase tax)
4) Land registry + Government taxes:
a) 1st home, Italian resident: € 336 + 3% of declared value
b) 2nd home, or non-resident: 9% of declared value
c) agricultural land: 18% of declared value
Declared values are determined by the notary at the time of the ‘rogito’ (final contract). Villatua recommends all prospective purchasers to seek advice on likely tax obligations, as individual circumstances may alter the amount significantly.